Life is undoubtedly demanding at times. And yes, everyone is busy. Between work or school, family obligations, and never-ending daily errands, finding an hour of exercise can be tough—especially if you are looking to work out on several muscles in your body. You may pick one exercise, but it might not be enough. You’ll even probably end up asking what exercise would it be? Or would it help you at all?
In this article, we will discuss the best 5 minute workout exercises that you can do to get in shape. These exercises are the most efficient workout moves that can challenge your body in reaching its peak fitness level.
Quick Look: Best 5-Minute Workout Moves
If you only have five minutes a day, don’t worry! Here are our best pick workout exercises that target many muscle groups as possible:
Best Workout Exercises Under 5 Minutes
Now, here are the step-by-step guides on how to perform the best workout moves that you can do daily in just 5 minutes or less!
1. Shadow Boxing / Sprawl
This first exercise is a combination of shadow boxing and sprawl, hence the term. This is good for the upper body, core muscles, and lungs. It burns calories, and yet it is a low impact type of exercise.
To perform shadow boxing - sprawl, do the following:
Start in position by adopting a boxing stance. A boxing stance means one foot is in front, and the other foot is wider than shoulder-width apart behind. Your body should also be in a forty-five (45) degree angle.
Throw a punch alternating left and right for two times. You can count one (right), two (left), one (right), two (left). It is up to you whether you want to start with your dominant or non-dominant hand. Keep your elbows loose and turn your body when doing this step.
After punches, lower both of your hands on the floor and jump your feet back to a wide-leg plank.
From that position, immediately hop back to boxing stance and repeat.
Do this for fifty seconds, and take a ten-second break before proceeding to the second exercise.
Tip: If you want an advanced level shadow boxing - sprawl exercise, let your hips dip lower to the floor and your back to arch when you are doing the sprawl (Steps C and D). Also, when you are doing the punches, you must turn your body and not just throw a punch with the arms. This body turning allows activation of several muscles in the body.
2. High Plank Walkout
A high plank workout is a key exercise for beginners and advanced individuals. The benefits of high plank exercise go far beyond building your core muscles: it also fires up the entire body and builds killer abs.
To perform high plank workout, do the following:
- Get down on the ground, lie face down, and do a push-up position.
- Keep your palms on the ground at shoulder-width apart.
- Flex your feet with the bottom of your toes on the ground.
- Roll your scapula back and depress them down.
- Walk out with your hands for about three steps forward while keeping your hips stable.
- Do not let your body sway left and right a lot and focus on keeping your body still by engaging your core muscles and glutes.
- Keep your hands walking back and fort for fifty seconds.
- Take a ten-second break before proceeding to the third exercise.
3. Skipping on the Spot
Jumping or skipping on the spot is an exercise is one of the most effective fat-burning and stability exercise that strengthens the abdominal muscles. It helps in stabilizing the body, the legs, the feet, and the arms.
To perform skipping on the spot, do the following:
- Get a jump rope if you have one available. If none, just imagine holding a skipping or jumping rope.
- Skip left and right on each foot while making rotations on your arm as if you have a real jump rope.
- Do this for fifty seconds, and take a ten-second break before proceeding to the second exercise.
Skipping on the spot is a great cardiovascular exercise. It is also a great way to burn a boatload of calories by straining the whole body.
4. Skip Knee
Skip knee movements activate the hip flexors and core. It also aids in improving leg strength, muscle coordination, and overall endurance. The skipping movements mimic the stabilization effects of a jumping rope exercise.
To perform skip knee exercise, do the following:
- Have your hands up, on your guard position.
- Skip on your spot by hopping one leg and bringing the knee up towards the chest.
- Swing your arms (still on guarding position) as you skip your knees.
- Bring your arms and knees toward each other.
- As your knee comes up to your chest, engage your abs, and turn your body accordingly.
- Do this for fifty seconds.
Tip: Add a little bounce to it if you want to engage more muscles. And remember that the power comes from the glutes. Because when you bring your knee up, you should get as much as engagement from your whole body.
Check the last part of the video below to see how to perform these set of workout moves:
Now that you know the best workout in less than five minutes, get in shape without compromising your work, school errands, and other activities.
We hope you enjoyed the article!